Re: gEDA-user: one fix for building under Solaris

On Jan 5, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
>>    I'm considering weeding out the ancient stuff that shipped with
>> Solaris, but then I'm not sure what that'll break.  What a can of
>> worms.  I'd love to be able to tell the configure scripts "don't
>> look
>> at anything outside of /usr/local".
>
> You might want to re-run the autogen.sh on the various programs,
> futzing
> it in such a way to pass extra arguments to aclocal. Setting
> ACLOCAL_FLAGS might help - the autogen.sh for the gEDA tools seems to
> pass anything set in that as arguments to aclocal. Other packages
> being
> build might need different treatment.
>
> --acdir=DIR  Look  for  the  macro  files  in DIR instead of the
>              installation directory.  This is typically used for
>              debugging.
>
> -I DIR  Add the directory DIR to the list of  directories
> searched  for
>         .m4 files.

   PKG_CONFIG_PATH seems to be the culprit here.  With it trimmed to
this:

/usr/local/geda-cairo/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

   ...I get:

checking for GDK... no
configure: error: Cannot find gdk, please make sure it is installed.
make: *** [libgeda/config.h] Error 1

   This suggests that the GDK installation it found earlier was
elsewhere in the system.  Now, I've just installed gtk+
v2.14.6...shouldn't GDK be a part of that?

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL