Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:52:08 -0500, Dan McMahill wrote:

> Please file that as a bug report.  I suspect that you are correct that
> at least refdes_renum doesn't play well with slotting.

IMHO, multi symbol components is a weak spot of gschem. Only the special
case of multiple, identical symbols seems to be supported satisfactory. A
separate power symbol needs special care and feeding. Inappropriate
automatic renumbering has already been mentioned. The footprint attribute
is also fragile. Gnetlist only respects the footprint attribute of the
last symbol of a given refdes in the *.sch file. Giving all symbols of a
component the same footprint attribute makes gnetlist happy. But it means
redundant information and possibly a trap when changing footprints. My
work-around is to exclusively attach the footprint to the power symbol
and manually order the subsymbols with an ascii editor.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog