Re: gEDA-user: german article in the linux magazin online now

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 08:42:41PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I've wondered in the past.. would people (users / developers) object
> > to making the GTK HID for PCB more in line with gschem's GTK UI. (Or
> > vica versa)
>
> Maybe we need a gschem HID for pcb?  ;-)

They're both pretty bad.  There must be something about CAD programs that
leads to wacky user interfaces.  I realize that a UI where typing text
is uncommon can thus use all the letters keys as commands, but that doesn't
mean it should!  If nonstandard accelerators are going to dominate gschem
and PCB, they could at least be confined to the left hand, so that you
could keep one hand on the mouse and one on the keyboard.  Like playing a
video game!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>