Re: gEDA-user: german article in the linux magazin online now

John Griessen wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
>
>> If we had to nail down what it is about gEDA and PCB which make them
>> feel like different applications, what is it?

>> Menus?				JG:two letter sequences for both with matching menu pulldown memory aid hints

I changed my mind.  Strike that vote for both using two letter sequences.  That stops you from having one letter actions.

I momentarily forgot about the "Cadnetix mode" like possibilities of pcb.  I have changed keybindings so many things match gschem
and using the GUIs as is works quite well.  both going to one letter is more reasonable, or adopt some startup
keybindings that are more uniform with them as is.

Many newbie issues can be resolved without big changes in pcb.  You can have <ctl>c and c both defined as copy, and many more like
that.

Is there any way for gschem to have one and two letter sequence keybindings at the same time?  I think not...  so that is the
place to consider change.  (Would be a real jolt to many though).

John