Re: gEDA-user: german article in the linux magazin online now

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 09:58 -0600, John Griessen wrote:
> John Griessen wrote:
> > Peter Clifton wrote:
> >
> >> If we had to nail down what it is about gEDA and PCB which make
> them
> >> feel like different applications, what is it?
>
> >> Menus?				JG:two letter sequences for both with matching menu
> pulldown memory aid hints
>
> I changed my mind.  Strike that vote for both using two letter
> sequences.  That stops you from having one letter actions.

No is doesn't.

[snip]

> Is there any way for gschem to have one and two letter sequence
> keybindings at the same time?  I think not...  so that is the
> place to consider change.  (Would be a real jolt to many though).

It does work, but probably only if the single letter action isn't also
the start of a double letter sequence.

Even then.. it could work if you were prepared to wait a dwell period to
make sure you meant "d" on its own, rather than "dd" or some other
action. I'm not looking to add that though.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,