Re: gEDA-user: gEDA "portability problems"

On Jan 28, 2009, at 6:06 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>>> and versions of GLib/GTK+ since 2.4 are available for the vast
>>> majority of consumer operating systems and CPU architectures.
>>> AFAIK, it works
>>> on *at least* Solaris, Windows, Linux and BSD, on x86, x86-64, PPC
>>> and ARM.
>>
>>    Not Solaris, at least not right now.
>
> Please try the latest GTK+ 2.8.x point release, and see if that
> works. It has
> a lot less code than the very newest GTK+ release, so it should
> have fewer
> portability problems.

   I will; thank you for the suggestion!

> I'm confused: I thought OpenSolaris used a GTK+-based GUI?

   It does. (well, more like "can")  Thing is, the stuff it ships
with is kinda old, too old for later release of Cairo to use.
Sooooo...The resulting deluge of dependencies had me compiling crap
for days.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire