Re: gEDA-user: New gaf on Windows and one PCB question

Hi Peter,

-----Original Message-----
From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Clifton
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:18 PM
To: gEDA user mailing list
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: New gaf on Windows and one PCB question

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 15:13 +0100, Bert Timmerman wrote:

> Zooming in doesn't solve the font issue.

That wasn't what I was getting at..

Does the font scale with the size of the page? Does it get bigger as you
zoom in, or is it always the same size?

This might be somewhat difficult to gauge, as in the picture you sent, it
seems the font is rendering two pixels high. It might be clamping at that
though.

Could you take another screen-shot at really high zoom on the text please?
Perhaps another when really zoomed out.

I get the feeling that the text isn't scaling with the page at all, and this
sounds quite similar to a bug someone encountered on OS X when they had
pango / something configured incorrectly.

However.. I'd love to get to the bottom of it, since it doesn't appear to
affect any of the surrounding UI - suggesting that I am doing something
wrong in the gschem code.

Best regards,

Peter C.

--

The bounding boxes of the characters remain approx. the same size no matter
how you zoom in or out.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-full%20screen.png

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-zoomed%20in.png

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-max%20zoomed%20in.png