Re: gEDA-user: New gaf on Windows and one PCB question

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 16:50 +0100, Bert Timmerman wrote:
> Hi Peter,

> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-full%20screen.png
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-zoomed%20in.png
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/gschem-1.6.0-max%20zoomed%20in.png

>From the screen-shots, I assume you're using XP.

I just dug out my old laptop (with its dead screen), hooked up to an
external monitor - and managed to find its old HDD. (It had several
upgrades, so I still had one lying about with Windows on it).

Anyway.. long story short, I installed the same gEDA 1.6.0 package as
you did, and it worked correctly - no issues with fonts at all. This
rather suggests a config issue, or a conflict with something else on the
system.

Do you have any other GTK / Pango based apps on Windows, which might
have a *gtk*.dll or *pango*.dll in the Windows search path?

Do you know if the un-install of 1.5.x removed it completely? If
possible, try removing gEDA 1.6.0 and make sure the install target
directory is completely removed before trying it again.

Grr.. I'm half frustraited that I can't reproduce this bug on my Windows
box. I "think" I had/have cleartype switched on - that could be a
variable, so perhaps you could try toggling the settings.

Rather bizarrely, this is best done via a web-based "tuner"!

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/Tuner/Step1.aspx

Best wishes,

Peter C.