Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Capture to dxf File - using gEDA, Inkscape, and pstoedit

Dave N6NZ wrote:

The postscript file is a kludgy intermediate step that needs to be eradicated in the 'clean' solution.

-dave n6nz

That makes sense.

I do agree that having a conversion to dxf in gerbv is a good idea. I think it would attract a lot of people to gEDA who are using Eagle and other programs. Then they would see how great the rest of the gEDA suite is.

Since the gerber file format is shared by both pcb and gerbv, that would be the place to start from, so that both programs could share a DXF export function. In pcb, if you chose the 'Export dxf' button, it could do an internal conversion of the artwork to .gbr and then call the backend program to do the conversion to .dxf and then save the result. Gerbv would just call the backend program and do the conversion.

Thanks,
Dave