Re: gEDA-user: FYI [Fwd: [Balloon] Balloon 4]

On Jan 17, 2011, at 1:09 AM, al davis wrote:

> If simulation means Spice to you, you are 20 years behind.
> If Verilog means only digital to you, you are 20 years behind.

And yet, the infrastructure and community support for Verilog as more than a digital tool are far poorer than for SPICE. Thus, its advantages remain largely theoretical rather than practical.

> Are we proud of being 20 years behind?

There's no inherent virtue in "newer". Users of the Pythagorean Theorem are 2500 years behind, but of course there's nothing wrong with that. The virtue comes from using what works.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx