Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

The problem I see is that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of stuff around that requires Make (mainly C languages, and not in all of their environments), so many engineers aren't familiar with it.  That makes it another hurdle on the learning curve to their eda tools.  My programming is mostly done in java using Eclipse, so I don't deal with Make at all.  Unfortunately, I don't have a good alternative suggestion at the moment, so I'm not contributing much beyond another opinion.