Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

On Jul 22, 2009, at 2:15 PM, David C. Kerber wrote:

> [...]

Billions of lines of code in various languages are turned into
executable code via processes that use make. This includes gEDA and
PCB. But make is a flexible tool for many other processes, too.

> (mainly C languages, and not in all of their environments), so many
> engineers aren't familiar with it.  That makes it another hurdle on
> the learning curve to their eda tools.

You want high productivity processes, you're going to have to invest
a little time learning the tools that multiply productivity. Make is
a classic example of a very simple tool that is a very effective
productivity multiplier.

>   My programming is mostly done in java using Eclipse, so I don't
> deal with Make at all.

Ugh. What you gonna do when you need a microcontroller running the show?

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx