Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

On Jul 23, 2009, at 9:56 AM, David C. Kerber wrote:

>> You want high productivity processes, you're going to have to
>> invest a little time learning the tools that multiply
>> productivity.
>
> Eclipse does that wonderfully; it has mature C development tools as
> well as Java.

Make can orchestrate simulations, document construction, data
reduction, and much more (including, of course EDA). It's not
restricted to programming. It's a general purpose tool. But the idea
that computers can actually automate your workflow has been lost in
the "personal computer" era. The strength of gEDA is that you *can*
automate it: I can grab the schematics and other "source" files for a
project from my server, and then a single command, make, generates
all design documents.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx