Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

I realize that, but not every process uses it; there are other tools and methods available to accomplish the same thing for most workflows.

> > (mainly C languages, and not in all of their environments), so many
> > engineers aren't familiar with it.  That makes it another hurdle on
> > the learning curve to their eda tools.
>
> You want high productivity processes, you're going to have to
> invest a little time learning the tools that multiply
> productivity.

Eclipse does that wonderfully; it has mature C development tools as well as Java.

> Make is a classic example of a very simple tool
> that is a very effective productivity multiplier.
>
> >   My programming is mostly done in java using Eclipse, so I
> don't deal
> > with Make at all.
>
> Ugh. What you gonna do when you need a microcontroller
> running the show?

Either farm the code development out to somebody who already knows how to do it, or (more likely) use one of the embedded versions of Java with lower resource requirements.  Or if I have lots of time to work with, learn it myself.  I thoroughly enjoy learning new ways of doing things, but don't always have the time to indulge myself in that way.