Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But for usability, the issue is one of scripting at a higher level. I
> love the way gnetlist interoperates so well with make, but users seem
> increasingly impatient and helpless these days. Maybe a missing
> ingredient is a Makefile creator.

It's worth mentioning that Levente Kovacs' collection of scripts
and Makefiles at:

  http://logonex.eu/cgi-bin/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/pskel/

provides an excellent base for this requirement.

Over time, I've adapted them for my own use, removing features
that I did not need and adding a few things.  Here is an example
of generated project web page:

  http://web.gps.caltech.edu/~blavier/herc-current-monitor

The web page and fabrication file archive are generated by the
Makefiles and scripts.  If you download my source file archive
"herc-current-monitor.tar.bz2", you'll get an example of use,
along with the scripts.

Credit for all of this goes to Levente: many thanks!  I'd go
nuts without this system!

Cheers,

Jean-Francois