Re: gEDA-user: Ground color

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 16:41 -0700, Steven Michalske wrote:
> Oh the possibilities with an element browser!
>
> updates, replacements, tuning values,  the list goes on and on :-P
>
> hardkrash

The lightbulb which lit up in my head in response to that suggestion:...

I've long wanted "rat parts", so I could list a load of footprints for
PCB to queue up for placement.

I didn't know what this would look like until now. I'd thought about a
tab in the library window, with un-placed parts by name (complete with
refdes etc.. when placed). Another idea was a window with the parts
drawn graphically (like a long strip of design area where the elements
are displayed in a row).

I imagine the parts-browser should be tree-like in structure (matching
my design hierarchy), and that I can filter the selection list for parts
which don't yet exist on the board, place / disperse selected groups /
elements onto the board area etc...

;)

Very excited about this idea.. shame I've no time to code it for the
forseable future. (Go-on someone... pretty please...)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,