Re: gEDA-user: PCB Patches: Use c99 bool instead of manual typedef.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I really want to encourage people to work on the code and become
> contributors, and telling them their hard work is for naught because
> someone somewhere might have an uncommitted patch that might be
> affected, is not acceptable to me.

IMHO the biggest thing that can be done on this front is to organize a
way to contribute.  I'm guessing I would have done at least 2 - 3
times as much work on PCB in the past year or two if it didn't take an
average of three to four MONTHS of nagging to get work I have done
even looked at, let alone committed.  And it isn't just me.

You say you want people to become contributers, but then don't have
the organization and/or man power to accept contributions.  Either one
of the devs needs to step up and take charge of handling
contributions, or the devs need to extend their trust to someone
willing to do it.

Sorry, couldn't let a statement like that pass...

Jared