Re: gEDA-user: PCB Patches: Use c99 bool instead of manual typedef.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have commit access to the PCB repo, and I'd be willing to take this on,
> except for the two issues that a) I'm not as familiar with the PCB codebase as
> many of the other developers, and b) I often disagree with DJ about what the
> Right Thing is.

I guess that's why the success many open source projects relies on
someone with the authority and willingness to make the final decisions
(which takes a lot of their time on the project I would imagine, or in
some cases most of it).   There doesn't seem to be one "lead
developer" or "benevolent dictator" of PCB as far I can tell.  Maybe
elect one? :)

However, I think a majority of contributions wouldn't or shouldn't
cause enough controversy or disagreement that the person willing to do
the work of verifying the patch can't just make the decisions.  You
just need someone familiar enough the code to know without too much
digging that a particular patch isn't going to affect/break something
the contributor wasn't aware of.

Jared