Re: gEDA-user: What is the current procedure and location to submit patches for PCB?

> It really needs to end with a standard extension like .txt;
> windows issue.  <board>.txt?  Not the best.  <board>.fabnotes.txt
> probably doesn't play well on Windows users either.
> Seems best at the moment I guess.

<board>.fabnotes.txt is probably best; it follows the pattern we use
for gerbers.

> I'm not to that level of understanding of the pcb code yet, to
> implement what I needed that way.  Assuming I get there, how to you
> get this attribute into the board file?

We current have no GUI way of doing this, although I suppose you could
add a fabnotes entry in the PS attribute list, prefill it from the
board attribute, and update the board as needed.

So far, we only have a function for creating a new attribute, not
modifying one, as we only preserve the attribute list - nothing in
pcb's core uses it yet.  See CreateNewAttribute in create.c and
WriteAttributeList in file.c for examples; feel free to add more
functions if it makes sense to.