Re: gEDA-user: pcb doesn't find my pins

Stefan Salewski wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 11:06 -0500, Jim wrote:

Land_pattern_xxx is right, see link at bottom of this page:

http://www.ssalewski.de/SFG.html.en
I think I followed that pattern but it didn't work. I see you have a generator can it do a 4 row DIP? Something with a foot print like:

o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o

o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o

?

No problem with minimal manual tuning. Make two DIP parts, inner and
outer rows. Copy the pins from one element into the other and rename the
pins (number, name), all with a text editor. Should be easy -- I may do
it for you if you give me all necessary data.

I have never seen such an layout. If you can post a link to a datasheet
of such a device, and if it is not too exotic, then I will extend my
generator script for that shape.

Best regards

Stefan
It's probably one of a kind. Not worth the trouble I don't think. The datasheet is here http://www.vintagecomputercables.com/datasheet/WIZ812MJ%20Datasheet_V_1.1.pdf

It's not something everyone would mount on a PCB. Thanks for the offer, I'll take a shot at creating the FP the way you suggested. I need to learn the tool anyway.

Thanks,
Jim.