Re: gEDA-user: pcb doesn't find my pins

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 12:05 -0500, Jim wrote:

> Thanks for the offer, I'll take a shot at creating the FP the way you
> suggested.  I need to learn the tool anyway.

Yes, this is the best method, if time is not a restriction.
The only problem may occur if you have no ruby interpreter installed, in
this case you may try footgen.py written in python.

Looking at the datasheet, page 7, it looks like two separate footprints,
because numbers go from 1 to 20 twice. For a single footprints you may
have to rename it, or you may consider to split the symbol in two parts
and use two ordinary footprints?

Maybe the experts on this list can give you better advice.

It is really easy for me to generate that shape with 4 rows, but I would
be not sure how to rename/renumber the pins. Tell me if you have trouble
generating the shape -- then I will post it, and you can do renumbering
like you desire.

Regards

Stefan