Re: gEDA-user: pcb DRC

timecop <timecop@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Yep, look for example, at X2/C10 (at X=3426, Y=2381) it is so close to X2/R9
>> and X2/R5. ÂHow will you avoid solder bridges there? In fact, the solder
>
> well, that particular area doesnt matter since they're actually
> connected together anyway but yeah i agree placing pads THAT close
> together is bogus.

That's one of my bad habits.

25 years ago as student I was working in a shop in Hamburg that built
RF amplifiers, to transfer power, not information.  (The preamps
typically had 2 kW output power, the end stage 2MW.)

One day I was supposed to put down an RF transistor and got scoffed at
for putting in those inductors too.  I put the (through hole pin)
transitor case 0.5mm apart from the board. Since then, any trace on a
pcb longer than 20 mils is an inductor to me :-)

And since I do not have much experience with GHz class opamps, I tend to
put the parts rather too close than too far apart.  I do not want an
oscillator there. And since we want to sample with 14-bit resolution, I
do not want too big antennas on the input circuits either, to pick up
digital noise from the back end.

There are probably areas where I could move parts apart, but not in the
mentioned area.

--
Stephan