Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:58:29PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > As someone proposed, it is possible to have different hole size on
> > different layers. So I think the best would be to have special 'hole'
> > object on each layer. And that object will always be in composite
> > container, and all of them will be forcebly aligned to the same center.
>
> What I suggested before is that each composite itself have "outline"
> type layers, which contains any holes, cutouts, or physical outline
> shapes that need to be applied to all of the layers therein.

If you mean 'physical layer' by 'composite', than yes. Each of those
will have it's 'outline' layer.

But I didn't wanted to have the 'hole' here, but now I don't see why.
We can probably do that.

The problem here is: How to recognice board 'outline' from cutouts?

I don't want to draw the actual 'outline' to all physical layers if it
is the same. So I cannot take 'the biggest one' as outline.

	Martin Kupec