Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 01:18:16PM -0700, Steven Michalske wrote:
> Embedded resistor and capacitors are in holes in the separating layers.
>
> Some separating layers are more like a solder mask and sprayed down
> rather than FR4 and prepreg.
>
> Just because standard FR4 Fabs don't usually use any drawings on that
> layer, should not preclude it.
>
> Now the exporter may barf if it finds something it can't cope with,
> like a line drawn on a separator layer.

As someone already proposed. We can fake it for now and do better when
it becomes more common.

You can define it as another 'physical layer' and have special
footprints for it with. With fake pads in copper layer for example.

I will try to take in mind that 'physical layer' can actually be a
separation layer. But I hope the concept is flexible enought so I can
add new typed layer easily later.

	Martin Kupec