Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA in wikipedia (englisch/german)

On Thursday 10 May 2007, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>  At my university
> day-job the absence of a windows version is a major obstacle
> to move from eagle to geda.

That's sad.  Any university that is exclusively windows is doing
a grave disservice to the students.

> The amount of
> programming/tuning/scripting needed to produce a windows
> versions of gschem-gnucap-ngspi-pcb-gerbv may be small
> compared to writing the tool. Still, it is development, yet
> to be done.

The stable 0.35 release of gnucap can be compiled with mingw, to
produce a windows binary that works.  I don't have a way to
test it, but can compile it, and have received reports that it
works.

The development snapshot has problems with plugins on mingw.  It
compiles, but supposedly the plugins don't work.  I don't have
a machine to test it on, so if someone wants to help, I would
really appreciate it.  I think the fix should be simple,
possibly just figuring out what compiler options to use.