gEDA-user: Re: gEDA in wikipedia (englisch/german)

On Thu, 10 May 2007 23:27:08 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> (1) There is no Solaris binary either, but you claim we should say we
>    support that.

Does that mean, that the gEDA Suite CD will not run on a solaris machine?

> (2) PCB *does* include scripts to build under Windows (mingw).  Heck,
>     there's a toplevel "win32/" subdirectory in the pcb sources!
>
> Plus, I have a windows binary-installer from Dan.  I think there were
> just a few quirks left to iron out, but it seems to work just fine for
> me.

Ok, I stand almost corrected. But you are talking exclusively about pcb,
are you?

>> > I'd rather not intentionally put ourselves in the "we're only for
>> > Linux" crowd.
>>
>> The statement was about the application, not about the people.
>
> I was speaking of gEDA and PCB.  You know PCB runs on Macs too, right?

No, I did not know --- Must have ignored this bit of information on the
download page, because it is irrelevant to me. Does the mac package
include all of geda, not just pcb?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak