gEDA-user: Re: gEDA in wikipedia (englisch/german)

On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:22:50 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> There is one big difference: In german description reader is told that
> gEDA is for Windows too, and example picture is taken from running
> gschem on Windows (or is this a fake?)

This is plain wrong.

> I think it should be stated that gEDA is basically a Unix/Linux/GNU
> application,

ack.

> but that it may be possible to run it on windows?

Like almost any other linux application it can be run on windows with the
aid of cygwin or a virtual machine. But there is no native port to
windows and chances are, there won't be one in the near future.

> Of course I will not make any changes in german version of wikipedia
> without your permission.

Wikipedia articles should not be written by the authors of the topic.
Their role makes it hard to avoid achieve the necessary neutral point of
view (NPOV). Because of this, articles written by those who are involved
in the creation of the subject are frowned upon.

> What do you think about this?

Both wikipedia articles are in poor shape and need to be enhanced. Why
don't you grab your keyboard and start editing the article?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog