Re: gEDA-user: Removing default title box

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 01:59 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Another approach would be to leave the titleblock selectable by simply
> > clicking, even if locked. If it then can't be moved or deleted, +that+
> > does give the impression of being locked and might lead the user to the
> > unlock option.
>
> That would defeat the point of it being locked... that it doesn't
> interfere with being able to select objects within it.

Just for sake of amusement, I'll share this idea..

We could heuristically detect user frustration / confusion by tracking
mouse activity, clicking etc. Lots of fruitless clicking, repeatedly
targeting the same object which won't budge should bring up a little
paperclip animation:

<delete>"It looks like you're writing a letter"</delete>
"It looks like you're trying to play with 'titleblock-1'"
"Would you like help?"
"() Get help playing with 'titleblock-1'"
"() Just keep clicking aimlessly without help"

(Actually, it appears the Office Assistants already did the fruitless
clicking detection... http://xenon.stanford.edu/~lswartz/paperclip/ )

Now if only....
http://xenon.stanford.edu/~lswartz/paperclip/writing_thesis.gif

;)