Re: gEDA-user: Removing default title box

On Tue, 13 May 2008 01:59:17 +0100
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1) A startup dialog whn selecting a 'new window', asking for the size
> > of the titlebox wanted. For those who are fans of the present block
> > size, you can even preselect the actual size, so only 'Enter' has to
> > be pressed to get it.
>
> That has + and - points, I suspect I might find it annoying. I guess you
> mean "New page" though? As I visualise your suggestion, look at GIMP's
> new image dialog, perhaps with its "Template" option selecting the
> different title blocks. We don't really have a page size concept (Ok, we
> do, but its hard-coded, and its huge).

In fact, probably both New Window and New Page (both options are in the
File menu). And about the 'Page size' concept, the titleblocks in the
component list are called A0, A1 etc. I meant selecting one of them.

> > Another approach would be to leave the titleblock selectable by simply
> > clicking, even if locked. If it then can't be moved or deleted, +that+
> > does give the impression of being locked and might lead the user to
> > the unlock option.
>
> That would defeat the point of it being locked... that it doesn't
> interfere with being able to select objects within it.

I didn't mean _not_ locking the block. I meant make it indicate it _can_
be selected, but not acted upon.

Anyway, if I can disable the block alltogether, I'd be ok with that. I
use to draw circuits, and if they're ready, find a block that fits.
Just to be clear, I can live with the way it is, I'm not such a
frequent user either...

John