Re: gEDA-user: gschem won't connect nets

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 15:04 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 03:54:06 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Or a final suggestion, a means of easily
> >> correcting all parts that are off grid...
> >
> > Magnetic nets mode might be the way to allow this.
>
> You mean, let magnetic mode connect to pins, even though they are off
> grid? IMHO, this would be an ugly workaround. You'd end up with lots of
> tiny steps and netlets like the small snippets of tracks in pcb.

Thats not necessarily true, if the auto-manhatten stuff is being used.

> I'd say, an action to move the current items on grid would be the proper
> means to correct a situation where the placement was hosed. This would do
> essentially do what the search and replace in the editor does. Just my
> two euro cents.

Allowing off-grid pins would also allow for the future possibility of
scaling schematic symbols, which would otherwise be difficult whilst
ensuring the pins end up on the grid, and don't become oddly spaced.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,