Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 16:04 -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> Quite poassibly because I don't hang out much with Linux geeks, I see
> almost none of the "!Linux -> !open-source" implication you do in the
> people I know.

True.
But I think you can see my point -- I used the term Linux because it is
currently the most "popular" open source OS.

I was never really a "Fan" of Linux -- Linux is not a perfect OS, its a
copy of the old Unix, it's written in an old, sometimes ugly language,
and its bloat, at least some parts like KDE, OpenOffice, Mozilla.

Some years ago I have tried using Oberon and AOS from ETH Zurich -- nice
operating systems based on fine Oberon language. But they got no
popularity outside the academic ETH world.

Of course there exists other open source operating systems beside Linux,
i.e. BSD. And there exists nicer languages than C and C++.