Re: gEDA-user: Adding attributes to gschem symbols

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 20:23 +0100, Andy Fierman wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Sorry, forgot to set composer to plain text ......
>
> Edit / Update component has basically the same effect as closing and
> restarting gschem: it updates the graphical parts of a symbol but not
> the text attributes.

Sorry, so my tip was not helpful to you.
Edit / Update component is not fully identical to reopening the
schematic: I had a few symbols where I used visible names like "74HC04".
First I used plain text for this label, later I modified the symbol to
use a value attribute for this purpose (so I can move the Label around
or modify to i.e. "74HCT04" in the schematic). To update this in my old
schematics Edit / Update component was necessary. So it was my hope that
this would work for you too.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski