Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

>> I have the feeling that this could have good reception from companies
>> like digikey, mouser, arrow...
>
> I have a feeling, that they won't bother. They may not see a reason to
> provide a special service. We don't represent a relevant volume of sales.

Not sure of that.  We buy tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars
worth of parts
from DigiKey and Mouser per year.  Mostly because the Big Names like
Arrow, Future, Nu Horizons, et.al.
won't carry stock [More to this than that simple statement but don't
feel like going into the detail here.]

You are correct that it should not be a special service from each, it
should be standard service from all...