Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

On May 7, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Felipe De la Puente Christen wrote:

> I think there's not much to do to implement the service. In fact the
> service is already there, what's lacking is a proper interface to let
> 3rd party software get the search results without accesing the website
> through a browser. It could even be there already in the case of
> digikey, but I'm not that familiar with these search-bar plugins, and
> haven't had the time to check the code(?) for info to implement the
> searches.

Interesting.

I wonder how third-part component search services (like findchips.com and octopart) presently search the distributors.  Does anyone know?   There must be some sort of API that the distributors are providing them, at least privately.

Windell H. Oskay