Re: gEDA-user: How do I mark the connection point on a pad?

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 19:26 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:
[snip]

Even these are legacy locations now (in the brave new XDG world). A new
app would use ~/.config/$appname/ for settings ~/.cache/$appname for
files which can be deleted without loss, and ~/.local/share/$appname for
actual data storage which should not be deleted.

(The idea is that deleting the .config dir brings things back to default
settings without loosing any data).

BBC iPlayer appears to use ~/.appdata to be awkward.

Thank you for the update.

I understand and appreciate ~/.config/... and ~/.cache/... .
What type of "data" should go into ~/.local/... esp. what is the border line to data stored in projects or things I want to have generally visible like /usr/share/... ?