Re: gEDA-user: How do I mark the connection point on a pad?

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 20:51 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:

> I understand and appreciate ~/.config/... and ~/.cache/... .
> What type of "data" should go into ~/.local/... esp. what is the border
> line to data
> stored in projects or things I want to have  generally visible like
> /usr/share/... ?

~/.local/share seemed a bizarre place to store data to me.

FWIW, it is where things like "Tomboy" (a post-it-note application)
store data (ie. its notes), without me ever having to worry about what
file they were saved in.

I guess it is a location for the kind of stateful program data of that
kind which is "per-user". Tomboy always works with the same set of
notes, it is single instance, and doesn't require me "File->Opening" the
data.

I can't think of any real parallels in gEDA. Most of our ~/.* data is
configuration and logs. Perhaps some of the gafrc config stuff in gEDA
is a bit more important than general preferences stuff which could be
rm'd, but I don't think I'd go so far as call it data.

<not a proposal>
Perhaps ~/.local/share/gEDA/sym/* would be a decent location to stash
locally created symbols on a per-user basis? (Works so long as any
transferable final output can embed the symbols with the schematic
file / project directory).
</not a proposal>

Best wishes,

--