Re: gEDA-user: Out and In symbols in gschem & getting net names to come out in PCB

On May 1, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Stephen Ecob wrote:

> Are there any gschem oldtimers around who can explain the rational for
> the :1 requirement ?
> If there's no good reason for it I'd be happy to write a patch that removes it.

It's the pin number. If you want to connect pin 2 to a net, it's :2. There's a patch to have it default to :1, but there's some resistance to it among the developers.

I suggested recently that indexed attributes should attach the index to the name rather than the value, thus "net:1=Vcc" (and I think this would help with some other problems). That suggestion was well received, but it's a considerably more drastic change.

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be a bit blunt.