Re: gEDA-user: How to make a ground plane in PCB and attach all GND and VSS nets

On May 2, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Rob Butts wrote:

>   I just went into each symbol in my schematic and changed the VDD:xx to
>   Vcc:xx and VSS:xx to GND:xx.  I then save the schematic and ran
>   gsch2pcb and when I bring up the netlist it still has the VSS and VDD
>   nets.  It shouldn't because no symbol has those nets.  I then went to
>   quit the schematic and it showed a popup warning that 4 symbols have
>   changed but I can't save them; it won't let me.

You have to save the symbols with your own project's symbols: you don't normally have permission to save them in the general library. You must save them before running the netlister, otherwise it will just use the old ones. If you don't change their names, you'll get warnings about name conflicts, but it will work because the project symbol directories you specify in gafrc will take precedence over the global ones.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx