Re: gEDA-user: How to make a ground plane in PCB and attach all GND and VSS nets

On May 2, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Rob Butts wrote:

> So, how can I find those symbols?  That means that if I don't use the
>   VDD and VSS nets I have to copy all symbols into my own symbol
>   directory?  Wow, that is an inconvenience to say the least; especially
>   where I will never use VDD or VSS.  There's no other way to save them
>   in their original directories?

You can change the permissions on the original directories, but then the next time you upgrade gEDA your custom symbols will be overwritten.

I usually make custom copies of most symbols a project uses. A command line like:

locate .sym | grep -i lm317

finds every variant of lm317 on my system, not just from the common library but also from previous projects and my local copy of the gedasymbols tree. I can then copy that to my current project's symbol directory and customize if needed.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx