Re: gEDA-user: How to make a ground plane in PCB and attach all GND and VSS nets

On May 2, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 13:49 -0600, John Doty wrote:
>

>> locate .sym | grep -i lm317
>>

> locate -i lm317 | grep .sym
>
> should give the same result, with less consume of resources.
> Indeed "| grep .sym" should be obsolete here.

Close, but grep treats the "." as a wildcard, so the results include a couple of things that aren't symbols. And given that I'm sitting here listening to Pandora, the extra resources are negligible either way ;-) Of course, my way isn't foolproof either: it's just intended to filter well enough that I can find what I need.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx