Re: gEDA-user: Out and In symbols in gschem & getting net names to come out in PCB

On 05/01/2011 07:01 PM, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> Are there any gschem oldtimers around who can explain the rational for
> the :1 requirement ?
> If there's no good reason for it I'd be happy to write a patch that removes it.

I am not an old timer but I believe that this is required to attach that
net name to pin 1 of the symbol. The net name doesn't actually include
the :1.

You can see other examples of this in symbols that don't bring out power
and ground to visible symbols:

net=Vcc:28
T 300 6750 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
net=GND:14