Re: gEDA-user: Ok, who moved pin 4?

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 15:58 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > (This is the main problem with PCB's output for the process used here,
> > they can't panelize the designs with those from other software).
>
> Is it something problematic in pcb's output, or something else?

Yes and no...

The software they (abuse) to do panelising is essentially a piece of
commercial layout software which can import "some" gerbers. (If you make
up the right "project" files so it thinks you saved them from its self).

That software doesn't use / import polygons (it rasterises power planes
using lines).

So that is where the issue lies. Its not something I proposed to fix by
changing PCB's output.. but perhaps by allowing PCB to be a more
flexible importer / paneliser than their existing solution.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,