Re: gEDA-user: Missing the printable docs for gschem

John Doty wrote:
>>> It'd
>>> be nice if you could draw a subcircuit and just have the IO pins turn
>>> into a simple boxsym automatically.

> OK, same question, different emphasis: how does Cadence know how to
> arrange the pins?

Sorry I didn't answer that at first.   IIRC it just took schematic yaxis
value to choose vertical order, and left or right of schematic midlplane
to determine left or right.  You could then instantiate the symbol just
generated, then "dive into" edit it to change the order and grouping and
box size if desired by GUI methods.  For things with short names and few
enough ports, it was useful.  It's obviously best to specify busses and
so use bus ports to keep things managably compact.

John G