Re: gEDA-user: GerberViewr gerbv

wouldn't the pick and place files offer the same information with out
having to OCR and not depend on that part having silkscreen?

I see at least two issues with silk screen OCR:
- requiring silk to for that component
- having the silk not be at the location of the part.
	- back side, or in a group off to the side.

gerbv already parses the XY files that PCB produces,  So it is just up
to you to make a patch, or find some one to do it for you, to add a
list of components and locations.  This list when searched through or
clicked on would cause that area to be brought up.

happy hacking

Hardkrash