Re: gEDA-user: Want to Use TI's symbols, footprints

> I'm in the process of coding such a beast (since October 2007) to be
> used with gtk or from the command line with an ASCII input file.

Bert, that is very cool. I had a quick look at the docs. Is it a
footprint calculator (based on IPC-7351 spec) or does it just generate
the pads based on the inputs?

I recently emailed IPC to try to find out whether making an
open-source footprint calculator would be a valid use of the spec
(i.e. does not violate copyright). I was thinking that if it was then
writing a closed module for the calculations would be a valid way of
creating a footprint calculator.