Re: gEDA-user: Selection/drag behavior

Am Freitag, den 21.11.2008, 07:20 -0500 schrieb James Moody:
> I'm sure this has to be documented somewhere, but I can't figure out
> what controls it.
>
> In pcb, I use the left mouse button to select one or more objects, and
> to drag them to a new position.
>
> When I first start using pcb these actions (1) draw a visible box around
> the things I'm trying to select, and (2) as I'm dragging I see the parts
> moving.
>
> At some point while I'm working I lose both the visible selection box
> and  the objects do not move while I'm dragging. Once I release the
> button the objects  move to the new position, but these helpful
> selection/positioning effects are gone.
>
> I can save the file then restart pcb to restore the effects, but that's
> not the best solution. How am I changing this behavior, and how can I
> turn the effects back on?
>
> --Jim

I think this is related to a bug I reported recently, see this thread.

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Oct-2008/msg00329.html

You may try selecting and deselecting
"Crosshair shows DRC clearance"

this may fix it.

For me this bug occured about 10 times now, in 100 hours of work. I have
no idea what triggers it.

For me it is pcb 20080202 (GTK)

Best regards

Stefan Salewski