Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL benchmark revisited

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:17 +0100, Stephan Boettcher wrote:
> Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> Thank you for coding!
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback - it is the fact that I know others are using
> > the code which keeps me improving it beyond what I needed last time I
> > was designing PCBs.
>
> Currently I do not do any layout work, but I'd like to try the new GL
> and 3D work.  But I am having difficulties to find out how to get and
> build it.  Is there some place with a summary what git trees exist, and
> how to check them out, with enough detail for somebody still using CVS
> mostly?

Probably some something in the list archives I can point you at... only
I can't find it, so I'll post the instructions again.

Perhaps I should make a web-page, or get the damned code merged!

git clone git://repo.or.cz/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git
cd pcjc2
git checkout -b before_pours origin/before_pours
autogen.sh
./configure --enable-dbus --enable-gl --prefix=.... <--wherever you want
make
make install

To update without re-fetching the whole thing, this might / might not
work:

git fetch
git reset --hard origin/before_pours

(Throws away local changes).

Otherwise you may need to move off the local branch, then check it out
again:

git fetch
git checkout master
git branch -D before_pours
git checkout -b before_pours origin/before_pours

You will need various -dev or -devel packages installed, including for
"gtkglext".

Best wishes,

Peter Clifton.