Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL benchmark revisited

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 22:59 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> In February '09 I applied the benchmark() action to one of my more
> clouded layouts with pcb+GL. Results were somewhat below 3 for my
> day-job desktop.
> ( http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2009-February/016790.html )
>
> Now I tried again with the current before-pours experimental branch from
> Peters git repo. Whatever was changed in the meantime, it clearly did
> some magic: Refresh rate is close to 12 with all polygon layers switched
> on. This is of course a great difference when it comes to usability. :-)

Cool!

I find about 10fps upwards at "working view" is "usable", although the
closer to 30fps you get, the better. Hopefully as you zoom in a bit,
refresh rate increases?

> Thank you for coding!

Thanks for the feedback - it is the fact that I know others are using
the code which keeps me improving it beyond what I needed last time I
was designing PCBs.

Best wishes,

Peter C.