Re: gEDA-user: Different slot types within on symbol

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 16:52 -0800, Oliver King-Smith wrote:
> Is it possible to create a symbol with two types of slots.  For
>    example, in a 4 OR gates logic chip, one slot type would be the OR
>    gate, while the other slot type would be the power connections.  I see
>    people typical wire the pins that are not part of a slot to nets, but
>    that seems to hide them.  I prefer to explicitly see the power on my
>    chips so I can check the decoupling strategy.
>    If you have any suggestions or examples please let me know.
>    Thanks in advance
>    Oliver

Not exactly, but you can have multiple symbols all instantiated with the
same refdes= to build up your part.

You can have one symbol for the OR gate parts, another for the power.
See for example 74power-1.sym in the library. That is a slightly bad
example though, as all the 74* symbols in the library also have hidden
"net=" attributes which wire up their power pins. The idea is solid
though.

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton