Re: gEDA-user: net= attributes, symbols and schematics

On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> I was thinking about multi-part symbols, actually. It would be
> kool to draw a symbol for all the business pins and another symbol
> for the power pins. Then I could have a sheet just for power/gnd.

That works. You just have to be careful about attributes like
footprint: gnetlist will grab the first one it sees and ignore any
others.

You can also use my pins2gsch script and just do pwr/gnd as a table,
no drawing needed.

> But I wondered about netlisting and refdes support. Bummer that
> renumbering doesn't preserve relationships.

There are several renumbering scripts about, all with different
capabilities/weaknesses. Everybody expects renumbering to read
*their* mind ;-)

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx